f

Monday, September 17, 2012

Monday Morning Inspiration

I saw the piece pictured below on Dust Jacket Attic and loved it. It's by Prabel Gurung. Since I was looking for something inspiring to share this morning, I thought I would take a look. Sadly, this was the only piece that I liked. You can google his name and find the collection on Style.com. If you do, let me know what you think. Maybe it was just me.
Disappointed, I continued to look around and what I did find, I loved. Today's inspiration is short and sweet, but I am in love with these pieces, primarily because of the sleeves.
To give the sleeve of the jacket above it's shape, there are two seams across the top portion of the cap.
In my opinion, the shoulders of this coat should have been extended a bit as the sleeve makes the model look too narrow in the shoulders, but I do love the sleeve. We have done a sleeve that is similar to this. It's pictured below and you can see the post here.
The coat sleeve has a panel that runs down the center of the arm. Really nice.
We have also done a sleeve that is the shoulder part of the sleeve pictured above.
It was the drop shouldered sleeve and you can see that post here.  I love the dramatic puff and the tapered lower portion of this sleeve.
I included the above piece just because I like it. The skirt is so beautiful and the side drape so dramatic. All of these pieces are from the fall 2012 collection of Ulyana Serbeeko.
Stay tuned to Sleeves On Saturdays as the above sleeves are on the list!
Wishing you all all a lovely and creative week.
Rhonda



Share this PostPin ThisShare on TumblrShare on Google PlusEmail This

1 comment:

  1. I just love Ulyana Serbeeko! It's so fairytale. Maybe it was my gunne sac' loving youth, but to me these sleeves are just the epitome of girlish, lovely....

    ReplyDelete