f

Wednesday, October 16, 2013

Magic Happens

Have you ever started something and then once you're in the middle of it thought, "what was I thinking?" Well, if I'm honest, I have had those very thoughts with this project. In my mind I would hear, "You must be crazy. You'll never reach 900 pillowcases." On the outside though, I refused to allow those thoughts to take on the power of spoken words. The words I've spoken have only been of success. That effort is paying off because as of yesterday, we reached 802 pillowcases. We are in the final stretch! Less than 100 pillowcases are needed to reach the goal of 900 pillowcases for the Mary Bridge Children's Hospital in Tacoma, Washington. I was so happy when I opened the box that I just had to share it, so I immediately emailed Ilse and let her know that her donation had taken us into the final stretch. I was so happy yesterday, and today, well, I'm finding it a little difficult to put words to my feelings. I'm just so overwhelmed.   
Ilse's cases are just adorable, cars,
 pink cowgirl boots.
I do love my scruffy pink boots! I'm wearing them right now :)

 And check out these great modern prints. So much fun.
This is not Ilse's first donation. Thank you so much Ilse for your continued support of the project. I don't think I'm taking anything away from Ilse by saying that I am just so grateful to all of you and what you have done. Just this morning I thumbed through the folder where I keep all of your names as well as the cards that you have sent to me. I feel your spirit in the cases but even more in the special notes that you have sent. As my life goes on, and I hope that it will :), I think this will be one of the sweetest remembered events of my life. To be honest, I'm going to be a little sad when this all comes to an end. Because of you, magic has happened in my life. I am so very blessed. Thank you.
I feel like a broken record, so sorry, but we aren't quite there yet. If you would like to participate, there's still time. Here's a link to the simplified pillowcase instructions, http://www.rhondabuss.blogspot.com/2013/06/the-simplified-pillowcase-instructions.html.If you do decide to participate, just email me and let me know, sewbussted@yahoo.com. If you would like to read more about the project, here is a link to all of the posts, http://www.rhondabuss.blogspot.com/search/label/Mary%20Bridge
Once again, thank you so very much.
Rhonda



Share this PostPin ThisShare on TumblrShare on Google PlusEmail This

7 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. It is wonderful isn't it?!!! Thanks so much for all you did to make this happen :)

      Delete
  2. Wow, that is truly a lot of pillow cases. So happy for you as you get closer to achieving your goal!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! That is a lot of pillowcases. So happy that you are getting closer to your goal.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I better get some more cut out. You are so close!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Before I had the first 100, 100 seemed like a huge milestone, now it feels easy :) thanks so much for your help Joy.

      Delete
  5. Rhonda, without you and your beautiful heart, this would not have happened. You have invited us all into your generosity. You make the world a better place, friend. XOXO

    ReplyDelete