f

Friday, November 15, 2013

Happy Feet, Warm Feet!

Good Morning Everyone! It was like Christmas yesterday. I received a box packed full of pillowcases. As we say in the south, we're just "spitting distance" from 1000 pillowcases!!!!! More on that later. To make it even more like Christmas, there were two little gifts for me in the box. Again, more on that later, thanks Andrea :). I also received a fun little package with goodies for a potential project that should be over the top fun. And last but not least, a package with the new issue of Sew News Magazine......
 where you can find my slippers. Yea!!
Talk about just in time. I wore through the slippers I made last year so I was in desperate need of a new pair. Now I can wear the slippers I made for the article. My feet are so happy :) Let me tell you, I am loving the sole on these.
I have found just one little issue. In all fairness, I have rather skinny ankles, but the slippers bag a little in the back. It really isn't that big of a problem, I would just rather that they didn't bag.

If you make up the slippers, what I would suggest is to taper them at center back. There is not a seam at center back, but you can easily pinch them in and serge in the seam. The drawing below demonstrates the tapered seam. Be sure to do this before you glue the slipper to the platform.
 I had called the slippers, Mommy and Me. For an alternate version,
I bought this glow in the dark paint from Tulip. The soles are made from just regular canvas fabric. Once they were finished, I then took the paint and drew in my design. This was so much fun! And the paint really does glow in the dark. It comes in a wide assortment of colors too. The paint gives you the ability to personalize the slippers and have a blast in the process. It also keeps the slippers from being too slippery.
Since the holidays are just around the corner, many of you are beginning to think about gifts. You can download a copy of the slipper pattern here, http://www.sewnews.com/articles/Mom___Kid_Easy_Sew_Slippers?bc=c, and then pick up the magazine for all the instructions.
Or, you are always welcome to email me, sewbussted@yahoo.com for the pattern I made here, http://rhondabuss.blogspot.com/2012/09/fabulous-free-pattern-friday_20.html
Have a wonderful day and make some feet happy!!!
Rhonda



Share this PostPin ThisShare on TumblrShare on Google PlusEmail This

5 comments:

  1. I've always loved those .. must get them on my Christmas list. What is the thicker sold made of .. foam? Would love to know what it is, where you found it and if it's sewn on.

    Congratulations are all your successes and incredible skills which make you a standout and perfect for this latest 'promotion' to the fantastic ranks of SewNews. How' great! You're SO deserving.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Joy, the sole is made from the sole of a flip flop. It's all explained in the magazine article.
      Thanks so much for your supportive spirit!!

      Delete
  2. These are so cute! Thanks for the tip on tapering the back at the ankle.

    ReplyDelete
  3. How fun! I better get a subscription to Sew News FAST! I have made several pair of fingerless gloves for gifts this year. So many fun things to do with fleece.
    Hugs, Joy

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are wonderful, Rhonda. I've been using the "puffy" paints for years when I am faced with a "gripper" situation. It works wonderfully for waistbands and keeping tops tucked in.

    ReplyDelete