f

Thursday, December 19, 2013

December Birthday Celebration Day 18

The count down to Monday and the end of the contest continues, and the end of my little vacation in case you haven't notice ;). As I have said, this has been such fun for me. I love hearing the excitement in your written voice when you find out that you are the winner. When I drew this morning's winner, it occurred to me that a number of you who have won have also been a part of my little Wednesday Showcase posts. For those of you who enjoy those posts, they will be returning the first of the year. By the way, sometimes it is difficult for me to find your blogs, so if by chance you have never been a part of the Wednesday Showcase and would like to be, leave a comment with a link to your blog. Just remember, the blogs that I showcase are blogs that follow my blog. But then, if you are reading this, you more than likely follow my blog :) I always enjoy meeting new people and discovering your amazing talents!
Today's winner is...
If you have never checked out her blog, you really should. She lived in Paris for a year, how lucky, and while she was there, she decided to create a little "dress" each day. Now these are not wearable dresses, but her creativity in creating them is incredible and I think, very inspirational. You can scroll through and discover her work here,  http://365creativedresses.blogspot.com/
Now on to today's little dresses. Both have a pocket detail that I truly love. And I also love the sleeves on the dress below. I think an updated version of this might be loads of fun for a Sleeves on Saturday post!
 It's difficult to see the fabric. It is lovely though and of course the feel is incredible.
By the way!!! I did a little looking yesterday and I found out that http://www.nyfashioncenterfabrics.com/siknjefa.html has silk knit jersey. It is expensive, $59.00 a yard, but if it is anything like the silk I talked about yesterday, then it is well worth the price. I am going to order a swatch before I take the plunge. It would break my heart to get the fabric and then the quality be sub par. Once I receive my swatch I'll let you know what I think.
At this point, I think that all who would like to enter the contest have, so I'm not going to continue to post the how to on entering. If by chance you are interested, just take a quick scroll back at a previous post and it's all spelled out there.
Have a wonderful day!
Rhonda



Share this PostPin ThisShare on TumblrShare on Google PlusEmail This

3 comments:

  1. Hi Rhonda!
    I would love to be considered for a Wednesday Showcase next year. I follow your blog through BlogLovin' and really enjoy it. Here is a link to my blog: http://pugmomquilts.blogspot.com/
    Thanks
    Nancy from PugMom Quilts!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, Rhonda! What a surprise in my mail today! LOL, with all the busyness of Christmas, I missed keeping up on your blog. Thanks so much for the illustration and the kind words. I resolve to create more garments this year---inspired by you and the other wonderful sewists out there.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Surprises can be a good thing :) Happy New Year!!!

      Delete