f

Monday, February 10, 2014

Monday Morning Inspiration

Good Morning Everyone and welcome to Monday. It's incredibly cold here in Chicago. I feel like we're living a real life version of the movie Ground Hog Day. If you've never seen the movie, it's about a guy who wakes up everyday to find that it is once again Ground Hog Day. He can't escape it!! Well, it's officially the never ending Ground Hog Day here in Chicago. Each day we wake up to sub zero temperatures and more snow. So a Spring/Summer collection is right up my alley this morning!!
I received an email about a pin that I had posted on Pinterest being repinned. Typically, I just delete the email, but I took a look and a bag on that person's board caught my eye so I decided to take a look. There  I saw a pin from the Balmain Spring/Summer collection and I HAD to see more. The collection is very 80's inspired. Remember when we wore lots and lots of what they now call bling? Well, this is rather over the top, but there are design details that I think are especially nice. I have posted my favorites, but if you would like to take a look at more of the collection, here's a link,
When I saw this top, I was in love. I absolutely love everything about this top and would love to make one. 
The nice thing about the link that I gave you is that they have up close pictures of the clothes. A sewists dream!! After all, it's the details that we want to see.
Each strip has been grommeted and then laced together with denim strips with a chain in between each strip. WOW, WOW, WOW!!!
Can you tell that I REALLY love this piece?!!!!!! It's a little reminiscent of armor, but I still love it.

Fun pocket idea.
Love the mix of see through weaving with the solid.
From the front.
And now the back. A little over done for my taste, but beautiful back detail. Love the quilted denim skirt.
Love the flippy little skirts.
Note the pockets. Cut on the bias, matched but not matched giving more interest to this subtle detail.
Again, the flippy skirt. Like wearing a petticoat.
Note the little zippers on the sleeves. Great detail.
The back pockets on the skirt. Very unexpected, but so cute.
Couture baseball fun!
Another oversized baseball jacket paired with matching skirt. Love the idea of a sweatshirt being turned into a skirt.
I've included a video of the fashion show. Watching the clothes move is quite a treat. It's a little less than 10 minutes long, and well worth the time spent.


If you've saved all your big, bold, gold jewelry from the 80's, well, it looks like you're in luck. Actually, just a touch goes a long way ;)
Have a lovely week.
Rhonda



Share this PostPin ThisShare on TumblrShare on Google PlusEmail This

4 comments:

  1. That was SO MUCH FUN! Love the chains and the denim, although I would have to cover my shoulders and downsize the trim. Thank you so much for all the pics and the video.
    Hugs, Joy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous! I watched this whilst TV was on so had the sound on the fashion show turned down, and once I saw who the designer was, I had 'Where Do You Go To My Lovely' by Peter Sarstedt buzzing round my head as the models strutted their stuff!

    I love the designs - the '80's are a favorite of mine, and to see the flippy skirts - and moderated shoulders - was a treat! I really used to love the long slimline jacket with a short flippy skirt poking out the bottom - perhaps this is the beginning of a revival?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. From everything I see, I think we are seeing a bit of a resurgence of the 80's. So glad you enjoyed the fashion show!

      Delete
  3. Thought I wasn't going to like these much when I saw the first item, but scrolling down was a real treat. I may put a quilted bomber into my wardrobe this autumn.

    ReplyDelete