f

Thursday, September 18, 2014

A Sneak Peek

Good Morning and my apologies. I have been so busy and I have not had a chance to concentrate on the next pant drafting post. Please stick with me, it will come, I just need to make a little more progress on a project for my class at the American Sewing Expo.
The American Sewing Expo's focus this year is on costumes. There's a lot more going on, but costumes are the focus. Cosplay and costumes in general are huge. So the class I am doing next Thursday will focus on creating a rather over the top sleeve, but there is a dress that goes with the sleeve, and here's a sneak peek. We will also talk about creating the dress as well. I like to pack as much into a class as I can.
The dress is made out of wool crepe and it's all underlined. I just couldn't help myself. I figure if I'm going to do it I may as well do it right :)
The gown is a little "Morticia Goes to the Ball," but I really like it. There's more coming, obviously!! The big sleeve will only be on one side. The other side will get a different sleeve. The dress has not been pressed by the way.
I should make great headway on the gown today, so please do stick with me on the pant post. As I said, it is coming, I just need to get this project off my to do list.
Remember to sign up for the contest to win a 1 year subscription to Sew News. You can do that here. Remember, you must live in the United States for this one and you must be a follower of this blog. So sorry, I wish I could offer it to everyone.  
Have a wonderful day!



Share this PostPin ThisShare on TumblrShare on Google PlusEmail This

9 comments:

  1. OMgosh - can't wait to see the finished Morticia dress. I will look forward to the next pant installment whenever it comes. Pace yourself. Don't overdo!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a jaw dropper and your class will be wowed from the get go. I hope they know how lucky they are to be learning from you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Can't wait to see the final outcome. This dress looks like a lot of fun.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh wow, this dress looks insane. I can't wait to see the rest of it all put together!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's definitely eye catching! I'm guessing the remainder of the gown is made of illusion? Can't wait to see it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I don't know how you do all the things you do - you must have 48 hr days or else forgo sleep!
    Impressive shape to your gown and your signature sleeves will make it all the more 'creative'.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This looks fabulous. Sometmes we all need a little "Morticia" in our lives and it is that time of year? Cosplay is huge here too. I have been to two big conventions with Sprogzilla and the effort that people put into their costumes is staggering. Wish you were teaching here. Xx

    ReplyDelete