f

Tuesday, April 21, 2015

The Sew News Decades of Style Arches Skirt Sew Along Begins!

Well, it's finally here!!! Whenever I work on these projects, it seems so far out in the future and it actually is. Once the project is sewn, I send it off to Sew News. I then forget about it until it's time to prepare for the sew along videos. The sending my project away can be the most difficult step as I really like to wear my things as soon as I get them made. Eventually, the garment is sent back to me and I can finally enjoy it! Along with the Vogue 1250 dress I made last week, I'll get some pictures of me in the skirt. I have worn it and it's just a delight. So if you decide to make one up for yourself, I hope that you'll enjoy yours as much as I have mine!
As always, the first week of the sew along is about choosing fabric for the skirt. I highly recommend wool crepe. It's a lovely fabric to work with. I talk a little more in depth about the pattern and fabric choices in my blog post, which you can find HERE. I've also decided to add piping to the arched detail of the skirt. Whenever I do the projects for the actual sew along, I like to add a little something extra. You can see the skirt and the fabric that I'll be using for the sew along in the video which I have added below. I think this is going to be an especially fun sew along!!!




Share this PostPin ThisShare on TumblrShare on Google PlusEmail This

No comments:

Post a Comment