f

Sunday, November 6, 2016

Sunday's Soup/Roasted Cauliflower and Kale

Not only is the fall season my favorite time of the year, it also holds my favorite day, the day we get rid of daylight savings and fall back to the good ole' regular time. For me, it's like all is right with the world once more :) 

Our weather in Chicago has been especially mild, no snow, no ice, not even a dip below freezing. But...it's coming!!! :) So in anticipation of the eventual falling temperatures, I've begun to stock my freezer with soups that I can easily take out and enjoy for lunch and dinner. 

Since I've been sharing recipes, I've had a number that included roasted cauliflower; 

Roasted Cauliflower, Leek and Carrot Soup

  
My absolute favorite, Roasted Cauliflower Wraps, and HERE with a twist.


Not so healthy, but oh so good!!!, Roasted Cauliflower Macaroni and Cheese, a real crowd pleaser BTW :)


It's obvious that I love roasted cauliflower, so when I came across THIS recipe for a roasted cauliflower and kale soup, I just had to give it a try. The recipe comes from Cooking LSL, Simple Recipes, Inspiring Food. Many of the recipes inspire healthy eating, but the author also enjoys a little something indulgent from time to time. So be sure to check out the blog as I think you'll find lots of fun recipes to try.


There are only 4 basic ingredients in this soup, cauliflower, kale, onions, and garlic. Roasting the cauliflower is key to the recipe, so please don't take a short cut and just boil the cauliflower. 

What really makes the soup special is the roasted kale chips that you top the soup with just before serving. A warning about kale chips...they're REALLY good. I made mine up, ate ALL of them and then had to make more for the soup!!! 


The soup can easily be made up in advance and kept in the freezer until you've ready for a bowl. Although the soup is very easy to make, it's a soup that you could serve to any foodie type person as it's just that special.

I followed the recipe and made no changes. One suggestion would be to top the soup with a little grated white cheddar cheese, maybe even a smoked white cheddar. I think it would make a nice addition. 

If you give it a try, I hope you enjoy it as much as I did. Nothing like a bowl of soup that warms the soul and is still good for you!

Happy Fall!
Rhonda



Share this PostPin ThisShare on TumblrShare on Google PlusEmail This

5 comments:

  1. They all look so delicious. You have a good eye for food!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your sweet 😊 While the dishes are quite good, I think that what you see is my desire to inspire others toward a healthier lifestyle.

      Delete
  2. BEing a huge kale fan, I am anxious to try this. We love roasted cauliflower. One night my husband and I ate an entire head of cauliflower roasted up. It was like having "legal" candy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I made a roasted cauliflower dish at a friend's house and she thought that the entire head would be too much. I told her, "trust me, it will be gone." And it was 😊 The roasted Kale is like eating chips, but soooo much better for you. I think you'll love it!

      Delete
  3. I always enjoy your recipe posts. These all sound good.

    ReplyDelete