f

Friday, December 9, 2016

A Lovely Gift

Just a quick Friday check in :) I'm FINALLY beginning to get over my cold. This one has really been a bugger! But...I look at it this way, get it over now, build up my resistance, and the winter will now be mine!!! We're expecting 8" of snow over the weekend, so come the first of the week, Gracie and I will be heading out for a good tromp through the snow :)

I received the loveliest gift this week from my sister-in-law. Her daughter is friends with Heather of Design Roots, a lovely blog BTW. My sister-in-law saw this on Heather's blog one day, thought of me, and had her do one especially for me! The calligraphy was done on a lovely piece of paper and it's about 5" x 7", so once I decide how I want to frame it, it will make a lovely piece to tuck into my studio.  


As I scrolled through Heather's blog, I thought I would share a little as it might be something you too would enjoy.

She sells these wonderful little pouches. When I saw them, my first thought was, "wouldn't it be fun to make up a pouch and then add the calligraphy?!" 


If you have never done any calligraphy work, you can purchase a guide kit that comes with everything you need to get started.



On the blog, you'll find lots of inspiration, and even a few little goodies, like the recipe for the Banana Chocolate Chip Muffins,

  
With a free printable of the recipe card that you can find HERE. What a thoughtful gift a batch of muffins with an attached recipe card would be.
Calligraphy is something I have always thought would be fun to do. So check out Heather's site. You just might find a new passion :)

Happy Friday!
Rhonda 



Share this PostPin ThisShare on TumblrShare on Google PlusEmail This

6 comments:

  1. This post just gave me a great gift idea for my sister. I have an old recipe book from my grandmother and I will get a hand written recipe copied onto nice paper and frame it. Perfect present for my sister! Love the calligraphy you have shown and it reminds me of how we used to write.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What a lovely gift that will be! So happy I was able to help in a teeny tiny way 😊

      Delete
  2. Beautiful Gift and Sending you Get well Soon (((((Hugggs))))

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sheila 😊 So much better, just dealing with the leftover congestion.

      Delete
  3. Lovely gift. It will be a nice addition to your studio.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So glad you're on the mend, be sure to wrap up warm when you and Gracie romp in the snow :-)
    What a lovely Sister in Law you have to send such a thoughtful gift.
    I tried this recipe last week from "One Good Thing by Jillee" for banana and oatmeal cookies it was gorgeous.
    "1 overripe banana, 1 cup of oatmeal. Mash banana to a paste and stir in oatmeal. Spoon onto baking sheet approx 1 tbsp per bake 15 - 20 mins at 350. Eat when cool."
    I did this and then made further batches adding 1)sultanas, 2)mixed fruit, 1 & 2) with choc chips.
    Also did with basic ingredients x4 adding sultanas, ground almond and in a 1lb loaf tin. Sliced when cold this was perfect in lunch box and for a snack with cup of herbal tea. Whatever made if not eaten keep in fridge not biscuit tin and allow to come to room temperature.

    ReplyDelete