f

Monday, January 9, 2017

Monday Morning Inspiration/Inspire Me!

Do you ever get up and just feel happy? Nothing special has happened, it's a day like any other day. And maybe, it's not exactly a perfect day, something has not exactly gone right, but....you just feel happy? Well, that's how I feel today. It's a happy day :)

In February of 2014, almost 3 years ago, I started doing the Thrifty Thursday posts. I noticed that there were a lot of free patterns being offered, so I thought I would give some a try and let you know what I think. Now, truth be told, if I came across a pattern that had issues with, I quietly threw it away, and left it to the trash bin. The only patterns that I have featured on the blog are those that I've felt were drafted correctly and that I really liked. 

Let's take a look back at some of my favorites.

I enjoyed THIS jacket from Sew News so much that  I made it twice. 


Tessutti has some fun and easy to wear free patterns available on their website.
On the left is a top that I lengthened into a dress and added a belt.
The a-line skirt comes in 3 lengths. 
The Zoe Top can be worn loose or belted. Looks great with skirts and pants alike.


I love hats!
From left to right;
The Newsboy
The Cloche
The Aviator


The beautiful top below can be a bit tricky to download, but well worth it.


This Twirl Skirt is such fun to wear!


Easy to make and fun to use bags.
On the left, The Reversible Bag.
The Little Dinky Handbag on the right.


Loved the free panty pattern from Cloth Habit.
In fact, I loved it so much that I made it into swim bottoms and paired it with a great free cami pattern from Iconic Patterns. 


On the left is the free Kimono Tee from Maria of Denmark.
On the right, the free Gathered Top from So Sew Easy.


The Hemlock Tee from Grainline Studio is great paired with a cami.
The Plaintain Tee from Deer and Doe is so very versatile and easy to wear.

So that's just a few of the patterns that have been made over the last 3 years. If you have a little extra time, you can scroll through HERE and see more that have been made. 

I really do enjoy doing the Thrifty Thursday posts and would like to continue. I have a few lined up to go, but I would love it if you know of a pattern that you think is intriguing and would like to see me try. If you do, just leave a comment with a link to the pattern. You are also welcome to email me with a link, sewbussted@yahoo.com

Wishing you a VERY HAPPY DAY!!!
Rhonda  



Share this PostPin ThisShare on TumblrShare on Google PlusEmail This

9 comments:

  1. Burdastyle.com has a few patterns worth considering for Thrifty Thursday.

    Burdastyle.com is giving away this free Kimono 02/2012 #116. Here is the direct URL: http://www.burdastyle.com/pattern_store/patterns/kimono-022012

    Burdastyle.com is giving away a high waisted skirt and raglan sleeve shirt in the Runway to Reality Lookbook with Brother which is advertised on the banner on their home page. Here's the direct URL: http://www.burdastyle.com/pattern_store/patterns/runway-to-reality-look-book-with-brother

    Burdastyle.com also has a bunch of free accessory and crafty patterns from the magazines. This links to free and inexpensive ones. I can't filter for price, but fortunately there are not too many.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You really show the possibilities in those patterns! It might be fun if you'd try, then write about, the Russian patterns (Lekela & another one). They are extremely inexpensive.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I made this back in the fall and it turned out well. http://www.thelittleststudio.com/1/post/2016/01/free-pattern-with-dress-tutorial.html
    I did lower the neckline and purchased her sleeve pattern. I'm not sure it's the most flattering style for me but that has nothing to do with the pattern. It's comfortable to wear.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I saw the Lady Aimee shirt pattern on the fadanista blog https://fadanista.com/2016/10/18/lady-aimee-top/ and it looks great for using up knit scraps. I've downloaded it but not sewn it yet. It's from a German pattern company.
    Rena

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are such an enabler Rhonda! Everything you make looks like something I would like to wear :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love these links Rhonda , thank you so much.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I still adore that Kantha-quilted jacket. It is beautiful. Thank you for the like to all these free patterns. I have seen quite a few of the t-shirt ones on blogs and didn't realise that they were free patterns, they are all fab. I love the leopard tunic and your funky bias binding. Xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Rhonda, I am a long time reader of your blog from Kenya. Thank you for brightening my day with your interesting posts. I found this free dress pattern by a french designer, http://blog.cousette.com/robe-magnolia-le-patron-gratuit-datelier-vicolo-no6/. Instructions are in english. Have a lovely day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jackie! I once had a bride who was married in Kenya. Such a beautiful country. Maybe one day I'll get to see it with my own eyes 😊

      Delete